Terms of Service
PPC & Facebook Ads Services: Terms and Conditions
1. INTRODUCTION: Scale 4 Media, LLC (“Scale 4 Media”) agrees to provide you (the “Advertiser”) with Advertising Services, subject to the Advertiser’s compliance with the terms and conditions hereafter outlined (the “Terms and Conditions”). As an advertiser engaging “Scale 4 Media” for its Advertising Services, Advertiser agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, both for current and for any additional services for which it may contract with “Scale 4 Media”, including all payment terms (collectively, the “Agreement”). By “Advertiser,” as we use that term herein, we mean you, whether you are using the Advertising Services yourself, or whether you are securing the advertising services as agent for the actual advertiser. In the latter case, you represent that you have authority to legally bind the advertiser you are representing, and both you and the advertiser you are representing are jointly and severally bound as if you each separately consented to this Agreement.
2. ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Advertiser or its agent or representative verbally accepted a summary of key provisions related to payment, terms of service, and “Scale 4 Media’s cancellation policy, and/or expressly accepted these Terms and Conditions through affirmative action in the form of checking the “acceptance” box and clicking “submit” following an opportunity to review these Terms and Conditions and/or by the fact that the Terms and Conditions are publicly visible on the website regardless of whether the Advertiser sees the Terms and Conditions page or not.
3. REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS: No refunds. Advertisers are responsible for their own payments and any overdrawn accounts in the case of an auto withdrawal. Advertisers and “Scale 4 Media”, at their convenience, with a minimum of 15 days written notice prior to the billing date, may discontinue service with proper correspondence.
Any Cancellation request must be received a minimum of 15 days prior to the billing date for the following month. Unless agreed to beforehand by both parties, the final month billing will not include partial nor prorated billing.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION: By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, Advertiser also agrees to receive information from “Scale 4 Media” regarding Advertiser’s account, and about the Advertising Services provided to Advertiser. Advertiser also agrees to receive marketing information from “Scale 4 Media” about “Scale 4 Media” promotions or announcements or offers to provide additional or enhanced services (“Marketing Messages/Upsells”). During the time that Advertiser is receiving the Advertising Services, Advertiser cannot opt out of the Service Messages.
Any requests to opt out pursuant to the terms of this section will require a reasonable amount of time for processing by Scale 4 Media, and Advertiser may continue to receive messages during the processing period.
5. RECURRING PAYMENTS AND TERM OF AGREEMENT: The term of each Advertising Service shall begin as of the date of the first billing date by Advertiser. Billing will occur in the form of a one-time setup payment and an automatically recurring monthly payment, as set forth in the specific product/service terms detailed as agreed to between both parties. Advertiser has the right to cancel services with a minimum of 15 days written notice prior to the billing date for the following month. Unless agreed to beforehand by both parties, the final month billing will not include partial nor prorated billing.
6. MODIFICATION: Advertiser understands that Scale 4 Media may modify its standard terms and conditions and service offerings from time to time and that Scale 4 Media reserves the right to adjust the pricing of such services, effective upon the next automatic renewal date of the affected Advertising Service(s), after not less than thirty (30) days’ advance written notice to Advertiser.
7. ACCESS: Advertiser is authorized to access Scale 4 Media owned, operated, or hosted websites that require log in or account information solely to manage Advertiser’s advertising account(s). Advertiser agrees that it will not use the site or any content therein for any other purpose and that it will not disseminate or distribute any of said information. Advertiser’s right to access its account with Scale 4 Media is personal to Advertiser and non-assignable and is subject to any limits established by Scale 4 Media. Advertiser agrees that it will not use any automated means, including, without limitation, agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access Advertiser’s account with Scale 4 Media or to monitor or copy Scale 4 Media’s website or the content contained therein, except those automated means expressly made available by Scale 4 Media.
8. LATENCY: Advertiser understands that, any information or data provided by Advertiser to Scale 4 Media may not be processed on a real-time basis and may be subject to the latency of the Internet, the Scale 4 Media systems and network of third-party partners and search engines.
9. OWNERSHIP OF NON-ADVERTISER PROPERTY. Title and full ownership rights in and to the Advertising Services, together with any and all ideas, concepts, campaign optimizations, computer programs, and other technology supporting or otherwise relating to Scale 4 Media’s operation of the Scale 4 Media network, the Scale 4 Media bid management, task management, and optimization platform and website(s) (collectively, the “Scale 4 Media Materials”), shall remain at all times solely with Scale 4 Media and/or with the respective outsourced service provider or author, or with Scale 4 Media’s Promotional Partner if applicable and if Promotional Partner was the owner of the same. Advertiser acknowledges that it has not acquired any ownership interest in the Scale 4 Media Materials and will not acquire any ownership interest in the Scale 4 Media Materials by reason of this Agreement.
10. ADVERTISER’S SITE: Unless Advertiser’s website is designed and provided by Scale 4 Media as a part of its Advertising Services, Advertiser hereby acknowledges that neither Scale 4 Media nor its Promotional Partner (if applicable) is responsible for the development, maintenance, and operation of the Advertiser website(s), nor for any content or other materials that appear on, and all visitors to, the Advertiser website(s), nor is Scale 4 Media or its Promotional Partner responsible for order entry, payment processing, shipping, cancellations, returns, or customer service concerning orders placed on Advertiser’s website(s). Advertiser further warrants that it will not add to or place upon its site any Scale 4 Media or Promotional Partner owned or licensed content, including but not limited to any Scale 4 Media search listings, except pursuant to a separate signed affiliate agreement with Scale 4 Media.
11. ADVERTISER COVENANTS: Advertiser further agrees to perform as follows:
Advertiser will not hold Scale 4 Media or its affiliates, or Promotional Partner or its affiliates, if applicable, liable or responsible for the activities of visitors who come to Advertiser’s website(s) through Advertising Services.
In the event that Advertiser has been referred to the Advertising Services by or through an Scale 4 Media partnership promotion, such that Promotional Partner is a beneficiary of these terms and conditions, Advertiser agrees that Scale 4 Media may share all data it obtains, including product performance data, with Promotional Partner, and Promotional Partner shall have the same rights to access and use said data as Scale 4 Media itself.
Advertiser agrees that if the Advertising Services ordered from Scale 4 Media include paid search management, and if the paid search management is being performed through an existing account rather than Scale 4 Media’s account, then Advertiser will grant Scale 4 Media exclusive administrative access to said account. Advertiser may retain read-only access, but will allow Scale 4 Media to perform the Advertising Services without shared administrative rights. Advertiser acknowledges that this is necessary for Scale 4 Media to effectively perform the Advertising Services.
Advertiser will not, for a period of one (1) year following the date on which the term of this Agreement ends, either (a) solicit for employment any employee or independent contractor employed by Scale 4 Media, (b) advise or encourage any employee or independent contractor employed by Scale 4 Media to terminate employment with Scale 4 Media, or (c) knowingly interfere or attempt to interfere with the employment relationship between Scale 4 Media and any of its employees or with any relationship between Scale 4 Media and any independent contractor who performs services for Scale 4 Media. Notwithstanding the foregoing, general solicitations for employment (i.e., through job boards or general advertisements) and any employment relationship established as a result of responses to general solicitations for employment shall not be deemed a violation of this Advertiser Covenant.
12. ADVERTISER INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS: Advertiser agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Scale 4 Media, its distribution partners including Promotional Partner if applicable, their respective licensors and licensees, and affiliated companies, and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively the “Indemnified Parties”), from and against all claims, actions, liabilities, losses, expenses, damages, and costs (including without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may at any time be incurred by any of them by reason of any claims, suits, or proceedings (collectively being referred to herein as a “Claim”) for, including without limitation, libel, violation of right of privacy or publicity, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or other infringement of any third party right, fraud, false advertising, misrepresentation, product liability, or violation of any law, statute, ordinance, rule, or regulation throughout the world in connection with Advertising Services performed on behalf of Advertiser, Advertiser’s client’s website(s) or contents therein, Advertiser’s conduct, acts or omissions, or any alleged or proven breach by Advertiser of any term, condition, agreement, representation, or warranty herein. This indemnification excludes any Claim that arises solely from the acts or omissions of an Indemnified Party, as to that party. An Indemnified Party will notify Advertiser of any claim, action, or demand for which indemnity is required in the reasonable opinion of Indemnified Party, and will cooperate with Advertiser at Advertiser’s expense. An Indemnified Party shall have sole discretion to accept or reject the law firm Advertiser chooses to defend the Indemnified Party, which firm must be experienced in defending similar claims. Advertiser may not settle any lawsuit or matter relating to the culpability or liability of an Indemnified Party without the prior written consent of that party. An Indemnified Party will have the right to participate in any defense of a claim and/or to be represented by counsel of its own choosing at its own expense. Without limiting any rights and remedies hereunder or under applicable law, Scale 4 Media shall have the right to set off any liability of Advertiser to Scale 4 Media with respect to a Claim against any amounts held on deposit with Scale 4 Media by Advertiser.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that it will not hold Scale 4 Media, or Promotional Partner if applicable, liable for any errors in content, omissions, consequences, damages, costs, refunds, or rebates of any kind arising from any interruption of service or other unavailability of the Internet or website(s) in which the advertisements are published for whatever reason. Advertiser further acknowledges and agrees that errors or mistakes in the performance of the Advertising Services, including but not limited to misspellings or miscommunications, do not create a right to refund for the Advertiser. Advertiser will give Scale 4 Media timely notice and allow Scale 4 Media a reasonable opportunity thereafter to cure any identified errors or omissions. Scale 4 Media makes no representations or warranties relating to the results of Advertising Services, including without limitation, the number of impressions, click-throughs, or leads and any promotional effect or return on investment thereof. As Scale 4 Media relies on third parties for certain data, Scale 4 Media makes no guarantees regarding the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of any such data, including but not limited to usage statistics.
In no event shall Scale 4 Media, or Promotional Partner if applicable, be responsible for any consequential, special, lost profits, or other damages arising under this Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, neither party shall have any liability for any failure or delay resulting from any condition beyond the reasonable control of such party, including but not limited to governmental action, fire, flood, earthquake, power failure, riot, explosion, labor, or material shortage, carrier interruption of any kind or work slowdown.
14. ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE: In the event Advertiser requests or purchases any additional assistance, which may include, without limitation, adding tracking codes or making other changes to Advertiser’s website(s), in connection with Advertising Service, then Advertiser agrees to provide Scale 4 Media with access to perform the requested or purchased additional assistance. Advertiser acknowledges that any additional assistance provided by Scale 4 Media is also subject to the limitations of liability in this Agreement.
15. HEADINGS: Section headings are not to be considered a part of this Agreement and are not intended to be a full and accurate description of the contents hereof.
16. WAIVER: Waiver by one party hereto of breach of any provision of this Agreement by the other shall not operate or be construed as a continuing waiver. No waiver of any breach or default of this Agreement by either party hereto shall be considered to be a waiver of any other breach of default of this Agreement.
17. ENTIRE UNDERSTANDING: This document, with any other materials, documents, understandings, or agreements incorporated by reference herein, and any exhibit, schedule, or other supplementary document attached hereto, constitute the entire understanding and agreement of the parties, and any and all prior agreements, understandings, and representations are hereby terminated and canceled in their entirety and are of no further force and effect.
18. ATTORNEYS’ FEES: In the event a dispute arises between the parties hereto, then the prevailing party in such dispute, whether or not a final decision is ultimately rendered by the court, shall be entitled to receive its attorneys’ fees reimbursed from the non-prevailing party.
19. NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES: The covenants, undertakings, and agreements set forth in this Agreement are solely for the benefit of and enforceable by the Parties, and where indicated, Promotional Partner, or their respective successors or permitted assigns.
20. SURVIVAL: The sections of this Agreement that address or govern matters or circumstances that could occur after termination of this Agreement shall be interpreted to survive any such termination.
21. SEVERABILITY: In the event that any clause, term, or provision of this Agreement is found to unenforceable or otherwise disfavored under law or public policy such that a court of law would not enforce the same, then the same shall be severed from this Agreement and the remainder of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect, and applied in a manner which most closely fulfills the original intent of the parties hereto.